About GATE | Eligibility | Age Limit | Fee & Dates – GATE Exam
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE Exam) is a National-Level Examination that is jointly conducted by Indian Institute of Science (IISC) Bangalore and 7 Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT’s) at Bombay, Delhi, Kharagpur, Kanpur, Gwahati, Roorkee, and Madras on behalf of the National Coordination Board (NCB) under Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education (MoE), Govt. of India. GATE Examination is pure Computer Based Test (CBT).
About GATE Exam 2021
The organizing Institute for GATE 2021 is Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay. It is mandatory to qualify GATE in order to seek admission or getting financial assistance to Post Graduate Programs (Master’s and Doctoral) with the Ministry of Education (MoE) and other Governmental Assistantship/Scholarships that is subjected to the admission criteria of the admitting institute.
GATE 2021 score card will be valid for 3 Years from the date of result announcement. Many Public Sectors (PSU’s) and Premier Institutes consider only GATE scores for India and abroad admissions.
GATE 2021 will be conducted for 27 subjects-referred as papers with Branch-Related Paper Codes. The candidates, who are interested and eligible for GATE 2021, read the recruitment notification carefully and “Apply-Online”.
Important Dates – GATE Exam 2021
- Starting Date of Online Application: 14-09-2020
- Closing Date of Online Application: 30-09-2020
- Closing Date (Extended) Date: 07-10-2020
- Last Date for Change of Examination City (an additional fee will be required to pay): 13-11-2020
- Date of E-Admit Cards on Website: 08-01-2021
- Date of GATE Examination: 05 to 07 & 12 to 14-02-2021
- Date of Announcement of Results on Official Website: 22-03-2021
Eligibility Criteria/Qualification – GATE Exam 2021
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Science/ Architecture/ Commerce/ Arts/ MBBS/ Masters Degree (Science/ Arts/ Mathematics/ Computer Application/ Statistics).
- For more qualification details refer to the official website: https://gate.iitb.ac.in/papers.php
Pay on or before 14 to 30-09-2020:
- General Candidates: Rs. 1500/-
- SC/ST/PwD/ Female Candidates: Rs. 750/-
During the Extended Period (01 to 07-10-2020):
- General Candidates: Rs. 2000/-
- SC/ ST/ PwD/ Female Candidates: Rs. 1250/-
Payment Mode: Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Banking
How to Apply GATE 2021?
The simple procedure is to follow the step to fill up the online Application Form of GATE 2021. The procedures are here under follows:
Step 1: Go the official website of GATE 2021 i.e. https://gate.iitb.ac.in/highlights.php to read the notification or highlights of GATE 2021.
Step 2: Online link for filling up the application will be available on 14-09-2020.
Step 3: Once the link is open, go to the official i.e. https://gate.iitb.ac.in/index.php website on the careers section.
Step 4: Fill in the Online Application with scanned photograph and signature of required size and all the related details as uploaded in the official website.
Step 5: Payment of Examination fees will be online either by Net-Banking/ Master Card/ Debit Card/ Credit Card.
Step 6: Now your application is submitted. You will be notified with the same through E-mail and the Mobile Number which has been provided by you at the time of application.
Basic Details of GATE 2021
- GATE 2021 is fully Computer Based Examination (CBE).
- Two NEW Subject Papers are introduced: ES (Environmental Science & Engineering) & XH (Humanities and Social Science) in Economics/ English/ Philosophy/ Linguistics/ Psychology/ Sociology.
Post you may be Interested in
How Prepare GATE Exam 2021
Android Applications for GATE Preparation
Prepare for GATE 2021 without Coaching?
Practice Mock Test
Books to be Referred
Last Revision Tips