Best Tips | Android Apps | Books | Time & Concepts – GATE Exam Preparation
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is a National-Level Examination conducted every year. More than 9 lakh candidates enroll themselves every year for job-opportunities, post-graduation, and research programs. It is such as an examination of challenging task. The candidates who are highly motivated with a clear mind-set qualify this examination.
This year GATE Examination will be conducted by Indian Institute of Bombay (IIT Bombay) from the list of 7 IIT’s along with IISC Bangalore.
Now Let us Quickly Go Through the Important Dates – GATE Exam Preparation
- Starting Date to Apply: 14-09-2020
- Last Date to Apply : 30-09-2020
- Online Examination Date: 05 to 07 & 12 to 14-02-2021
Now you have ample of time with you, nearly four months in hand. With proper guidance, the students could prepare with online as well as offline resources to crack this examination.
Important Note for GATE Exam Preparation 2021
This year the candidates of 3rd year can also enroll themselves in the GATE Examination and take this examination. In addition to that, there is also provision for the arts and commerce background students to this National-Level Examination. This means you have to formulate the best preparation strategy in order to crack this examination with high scores.
The preparation-strategy must be subjective and should be based on one’s ability and limitations because everyone has had their own plan to study. There are certain Coaching Institutes which offers the candidates to reach their goal but most importantly, it is not enough though. Therefore we have come up with some special tips & tricks to crack the GATE Examination 2021.
It will help you in the last time preparation technique without coaching. You can have video lectures of your subjects on you-tube channel of NPTEL (National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning) or Exergic. You can join on the telegram channel of Exergic with the link
For each and every branch you can follow the NPTEL videos by IIT’s lecturers. Here you will find the best strategy to prepare for GATE Examination
Best Android Applications for GATE Exam Preparation
Candidates are not aware with the Android Application for the preparation of GATE. So here, we are providing you the best Android Apps which are easy, free to download, and also provide the best exam materials to go through and prepare. The only require is of the Android Phones. Some of the best mobile applications used to prepare for GATE are mentioned below. Go through it and download at least two of them so that you can check your study time to time and subject-wise.
- TIME4GATE: T.I.M.E launched the mobile app TIME4GATE to help those candidates who are preparing for GATE. This application includes free practice sets, mock test, previous year papers & solutions, study content, sample video lectures, and regular updates from GATE. These test papers are designed considering the difficulty level of the previous papers.
- ESE/GATE- 2021 Online Test Series: This Mobile application is designed by Made Easy Coaching Institute to provide the real-time experience to the candidates. These test series are built in parts. This means that that are test of separate subjects as well as full length tests are also available for the candidates. The test series delivered by this mobile application has got the best reviews from the applicants who have previously enrolled into it.
- D.I.G (Deewane IES & GATE): This mobile application provides the video lectures on GATE and IES, previous year solved papers, test papers, and many more. You will certainly enjoy this mobile application.
- GradeUp: This mobile application provides various exam preparations with minimum charges. In this application you will get GATE/ESE test papers, State PSC test papers, UPSC IAS test papers, Teacher’s Eligibility Test (TET) papers, and many more. You must go through this application if you are preparing for other exams also.
- GATE Academy Learning App: In this mobile application, the course is only available for GATE (ME, CE, EE, ECE, and IN) branches. The login for the application is free of cost and after login; candidates can have discussions on the topics to course related content.
How to Prepare GATE Exam 2021 without Coaching?
This is one of the most important question for the preparing aspirants who cannot afford coaching institutes. So, we are there to help you out and we have also formulated a study plan which were opted by the previous year topper students who have cracked the GATE/ESE Examination. So here are the below tips, just go through it and plan accordingly.
Start Preparation Early
Now there nearly four months for the GATE Examination, so you must have to start as early as possible so that you can compile all the study material and make a plan to follow the course in this duration. You have to cut shot the time of wastage and plan the layout to follow the routine on regular basis.
- Divide each subject into the number of days and follow the same on each day.
- Make a routine of study, sleep, mind-fresh, and other necessary doings.
- Make a hierarchy of subjects to cover. Take 3 subjects in one day and revise at the night time. So that you will be able to remember the subjects.
Time Management for GATE Exam Preparation
Time Management plays a very crucial role in the preparation phase. Each second is very important for the GATE aspirants. Time Management is required to cover up the whole syllabus (i.e. 27 subjects), practicing sample papers, and the last minute preparation must be done so that you do not miss anything.
Keeping the Concepts Strong
The key of keeping the concepts strong is to have stronghold on the basics of the subject and this helps in preparing for the exam much efficiently. You have to revise formula and make a separate time table for that. You can give half an hour for the formula revision, make short notes of the topic & formulas-related and compile them. Make it a habit of revising the short notes each day before starting the subject and a fresh topic.
Make to-do Lists
Now the candidates are well aware of the examination and must have gathered all the necessary resources. Now you have to create a to-do list i.e. creating a time table for each subject which is to be revised in certain number of days. You can also prepare a chart of subjects and the number of days given to that subject. Sample chart is being shown to you below.
|Subjects||No. of Hours||No. of Days|
|Strength of Material||3 Hours||10 Days|
|Mathematics||2 Hours||15 Days|
|Mechanical Vibration||2||07 Days|
When you follow this study plan, the success is yours.
Practice Mock Test
Mock tests are regarded as the best source of GATE preparation aspirants. It has its own benefits and one will get to know while attempting the mock test. Many candidates think that they will revise their subjects more rather than giving mock tests. But this approach is absolutely unprofitable because if you revise your subject less number of times and have given mock-test more number of times, then the probability of selection would increase. You must have to revise you subjects at least 3-5 times to cover up the whole concepts of each subject.
Candidates must prepare according to their capacity. There is not a miracle that one who has practiced 10 times will only get selected. The candidates who have revised only 2 times have also been selected and got good rank. So main thing is that, take care of your health so that you can prepare yourself for every day challenge.
Some GATE 2021 Highlights
So we have all the necessary details of How to Prepare for GATE 2021. There are some highlights of GATE 2021 so that you remember these highlights as you are going through this article.
|Total No. of Question||65|
|Types of Questions||MCQ’s, NAT’s, & MSQ’s Questions|
|Sections & Marking Pattern||General Aptitude (Common for all Branches), Engineering Mathematics- Some specified streams 1 Marks MCQ’s- 1/3 Negative Marks 2 Marks MCQ’s- 2/3 Negative Marks NAT & MSQ questions- No Negative Marking|
Books to be Referred for GATE Exam Preparation
The main problem is the selection of books which candidate often gets confused. So we have made a chart of books according to the streams. Follow these books if you are also facing the confusion regarding the books
|General Aptitude||Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by RS Aggarwal|
|Engineering Mathematics||B.S Grewal|
|Mechanical Engineering||VB Bhandari, RK Bansal, Cengal and Holman|
|Industrial Engineering||OP Khanna, Buffa & Sarin|
|Manufacturing Engineering||RK Jain|
|Computer Science & Information Technology||Brian W. Kernighan, Dennis M. Ritchie|
|Civil Engineering||C.S. Reddy|
|Electrical Engineering||CL Wadhwa|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||Goutam Saha, Herbert Taub, Donald Schilling|
Here are some of the last revision tips
- Stick to what you have read.
- Time Management
- Mock Tests
- Formulas and Notes
- Speed and Accuracy
- Numerical Problems Solving Skills
- Healthy Diet and lifestyle
Now you have got what you need for preparation and get yourself always motivated and sound.